1) Bonobo's are one of man’s closest relatives, sharing 98.5% of the same DNA as humans. It is not surprising that bonobos possess very human-like qualities
2) They have learned how to communicate in human languages, use tools, play music, and in one case, a bonobo actually tried her hand at driving a golf cart (only to crash into a tree shortly after).
3) While chimpanzee society is competitive and male-dominated, bonobos live harmoniously in matriarchal groups of up to 100 members. Females hold the highest rank in a groupAlthough males are physically larger and stronger, females gain power through strong bonds and alliances, thereby forming a stable “sisterhood.”
4) When a female reaches sexual maturity, she will join another group. This limits inbreeding and increases genetic diversity among populations. When approaching a new group, the young female will seek out older, high-ranking females and attempt to form a bond through grooming and sexual behavior.
5) Sexual behavior is predominant in bonobo life. They engage in sexual behavior for a variety of reasons: to form bonds, to neutralize tense situations, to express excitement, to greet one another, to encourage sharing and compassion, and of course, to produce young.
Monkey love and light,
I'm in a Mos Def mood today so here is another mix by Rich e Fresh. It's a remixed song with a Samba twist so its nice and crisp. Rich e Fresh puts together hip hop, samba, bossa nova, and jazz and. He's 18 years young and describes himself as a "lifetime music enthusiast." He's definitely on my radar as I get set to travel Brazil for the World Cup next year.
We are a Calgary based music blog that focuses on bringing you the greatest and latest in good music. Run by three effervescent ladies, we post what we like and hope you like it too! Live, love, laugh, and listen to some good tunes while you're at it. Want to hear a tune? Send us a message - we love hearing your sweet honey voices in our inboxes! If you want to tell us about your relationship with Ladywood fill out our Reader's Poll here.